Go Editorial is a content marketing agency which serves the video games industry. Working remotely with the majority of clients, Go Editorial offers potential employees or freelancers the chance to work with us on a series of interesting projects across the games business without needing to leave the comfort of your own home (unless you want to, of course).
Check back here regularly to see if we have any roles going spare.
Writer and Researcher – Three Month Contract, Part Time
Role listed on Monday 20th August 2018.
Go Editorial is looking for a part time writer and researcher to join the business. We are looking for someone who is able to work with us for either two or two and a half days a week between September 2018 and December 2018 to meet short term client needs.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Research information about the video games industry to support our content projects.
- Write content that is able to resonate with business and consumer audiences, as appropriate.
- Produce a range of content, from features to interviews to reports.
- Meet client expectations by producing work on brief and submitting it on time.
- Hit the ground running and be capable of supporting our work right away.
The applicant must have:
- Demonstrable understanding of the video games industry.
- Top notch writing skills and an analytical mindset.
- 1-2 years of experience writing content within the sector.
- Proficiency with Google Suite and Content Management Systems.
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude.
The applicant would ideally have:
- A good university degree in a relevant subject.
- A decent contact book within the video games industry.
- A background in video games business writing or research.
The job will be based remotely, with the expectation that the successful applicant would be easily available during agreed office hours and dates as required.
We would be looking to pay a successful applicant up to £2000+VAT per month for their time, depending on experience and amount of time worked. There is also a possibility of further work both during and after the contract, depending on the applicant’s availability and business need.
To apply for the job, send a cover letter and either a CV or a link to a portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org expressing interest in the position.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 31st August. Interviews will take place over Skype or phone from Monday 3rd September, with the successful applicant starting during the middle of the month.