The majority of work injury cases and personal injury cases tend to end up in a settlement in court. However, it doesn’t imply the case goes in that direction. You may settle the case for several reasons. It includes the insurance companies acting in bad faith.
Retaining the services of a seattle workplace injury attorney can significantly increase the chances of getting a fair settlement. A work injury attorney ensures the work injury settlement amount received reflects the losses. Your work injury attorney helps ensure the settlement amount will cover expenses, such as:
- Cost of continuing or future treatment
- Medical care
The experienced injury attorney helps ensure you don’t rush in a quick settlement for less than the case is worth.
What is the cost of a work injury attorney’s service?
If you need a work injury attorney to represent you and help protect your rights after a work injury, you will be worried that you have to pay significant fees. The Seattle workplace injury attorney works on a contingency fee basis. It means you would not pay a dime unless compensation is secured. Additionally, you are offered free initial consultations for the clients.
Plus, a free initial consultation is offered for the clients. During the meeting, you will get a good idea of what claims to process entailed and what the case is worth.
How to choose a work injury attorney?
There are essential factors when considering choosing a work injury lawyer to represent you in the court proceedings, such as:
- Experience. A lawyer who has significant experience that deals specifically with work injuries and workplace accidents. You may also want a lawyer specializing in these cases and putting workers’s rights first thing.
- Track record. An attorney’s past results or track record tells the story of the lawyer or the success of the firm handling cases, the same as yours. The law firm’s website has all the information about their services and performances, which clients left reviews about them.
- Focus of practice. A lawyer who is well-versed in personal injury and work injury claims can help you defend your rights to workers’ compensation claims.
- Customer service. Some attorneys are not responsive, so it is essential that your chosen law firm is responsive and keeps you informed about your case.
Anyone may go through a difficult time in life like experiencing an injury from the workplace and you will take some steps to ensure your questions are answered and concerns are properly addressed.